In order to seriously and effectively implement the Prime Minister's instructions in official dispatch No. 1063/TTg-NN dated on August 12th, 2020 on the implementation of document No. 81-CV/TW of the Standing Secretariat on strengthening leadership and directing the fight against IUU fishing, Chairman of Binh Thuan Provincial People's Committee requested localities to seriously implement drastic measures in combating IUU fishing, especially:
The Chairman of Binh Thuan Provincial People's Committee requests the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Border Guard Command, the Department of Information and Communication, the Provincial Police, relevant departments, and the People's Committees of districts and towns, coastal cities continue to disseminate and thoroughly grasp civil servants, public employees, units, the people and related organizations and individuals about the contents of official letter No. 81-CV/TW dated on March 20th, 2020 in order to ensure understanding and compliance with the implementation of solutions and regulations on combating IUU fishing. At the same time, continue to seriously implement the direction of the Provincial People's Committee in official dispatch No. 1661/UBND-KT dated on May 6th, 2020 and notice No. 152/TB-UBND dated on July 16th, 2020.
The heads of the concerned departments and branches and the People's Committees of the districts, towns and coastal cities uphold their responsibilities, directly take responsibility before the Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee for the prevention of IUU fishing; develop a specific implementation plan and often inspect, review and supervise the results of implementing the tasks assigned by the provincial People's Committee; strengthen coordination among related agencies and units to organize the effective implementation of assigned tasks.
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Border Guard Command, Department of Information and Communication, Provincial Police, relevant departments and agencies and People's Committees of districts, towns and coastal cities to continue to organize the synchronous, comprehensive and unified implementation of measures to combat IUU exploitation, focusing on the following tasks:
(1) Focus on organizing the implementation of the Fisheries Law 2017 and guiding documents on the implementation in the locality, urgently implement the management regulations related to combating IUU fishing.
(2) Complete of installation of fishing vessel monitoring equipment fishing vessel monitoring system (VMS), and marking of fishing vessels according to the provisions of Decree No. 26/2019/ND-CP dated on March 8th, 2019 of the Government on detailing a number of articles and measures to implement the Fisheries Law and the guiding contents of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Provincial Standing Party Committee and Provincial People's Committee in recent years.
(3) Review and identify ship owners and fishing vessels that are highly likely to violate IUU fishing to take measures to propagate, mobilize, manage, prevent early, detect and promptly handle violations.
(4) Closely coordinate with functional agencies of the Ministry of National Defense to manage the operation of local fishing vessels, prevent and terminate local fishing vessels committing violations of fishing in foreign waters; Focus on thoroughly handling acts of intentional violation of fishing in foreign waters and violations of IUU fishing in any form, ensure the strictness of the law according to the provisions of Decree No. 42/2019/ND-CP dated on May 16th, 2019 of the Government on sanctioning of administrative violations in the fisheries sector. Funding, resources and equipment for fishing inspection at fishing ports and fisheries sub-departments were ensured in order to control fishing ships entering and leaving ports, certification of seafood products for seafood traceability; Focus on overcoming shortcomings in combating IUU fishing, implementing EC recommendations. Proactively prepare necessary contents and conditions to work with the EC's inspection teams to check the implementation of EC recommendations on combating IUU fishing.
5) Strengthen communication, propaganda, dissemination and education related to the law on combating IUU fishing, the laws of Vietnam, international laws and other countries in the management of fishing activities. Ensuring that people and relevant stakeholders have full access to information, grasp, understand and comply with the law.
(6) Timely commend and reward organizations and individuals with good achievements in the implementation of the task of combating IUU fishing. At the same time, cases of irresponsibility, loosening management which affect the prevention of exploiting IUU, trying to remove the "Yellow Card" should be strictly handled.